Thursday, December 15, 2011

Phil's Birthday Celebration, part 2


Confession, Phil’s birthday was about 3 weeks ago and I am just now telling you about it. Bad blogger? Probably. Hopefully you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.
To celebrate husbands 25th birthday we decided to walk around Hollywood, then see Iris, Cirque Du Soleil. Holy moley this show blew our minds! Before the show, we spent a while acting like complete tourists, walking around Hollywood looking at the different stars on the sidewalks, taking pictures with Spiderman, and putting our hands in the stars handprints at the Chinese Mann theater. For the show we, of course, bought the cheapest seats in the house since we are on a budget, then decided to get there extra early so we didn’t feel rushed. Since we arrived about an hour early, as we were walking to our nose-bleed section seats, a show employee told us our seats would be upgraded! When the lovely employee handed me our new tickets I asked her if the seats were better. She looked at me with smirk and said, “Umm yea.” As we made our way down to the new assigned seats we realized that we had been upgraded to the bottom (rich people) floor, and in the second row from the stage! We felt like VIP’s and even conversed with some of the people in the show!  I couldn’t take any pictures during the show because there was a sign that said, “NO PICTURES PLEASE” right in front of us. Normally I ignore those signs and snap away. I know, I’m such a rebel. However, there was a rather large bouncer man near us, just waiting for me to pull my camera out so he could destroy it. So I decided to not take my chances. If you get the opportunity to go see Iris, Cirque Du Soleil, you must go. Trust me on this. Also, get there early, you never know if you’ll get the same upgraded seats!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...