Monday, February 6, 2012

Road-trip

This weekend was absolutely wonderful. Phil and I drove 7 hours on Friday up to Nor Cal to visit my brother and sis-in-law. They recently (one week ago) moved up to Folsom, and Phil and I needed to see them already! The drive went by pretty fast since husband I and I listened to our favorite music, and chatted about our first year of marriage and what we are looking forward to in the future. We arrived around 10PM Friday night and chatted with Bobby and Becky until after midnight. It was such a good time. Then we spent all day Saturday being shuttled around, drinking coffee, enjoying their gorgeous new city, and even catching up with old friends that live up there. 

Sunday as we were getting ready for church I went to put on my boots and pulled a muscle in my back! Have you ever done this before? OUCH! The rest of the day (including the 7 hour drive home) I walked like the Hunchback of Norte Dame. Thankfully husband was incredibly sweet to me, showed me some back stretches and catered to my hunchback-ness. Overall I had such a wonderful time and Phil and I plan to take another trip up there very soon. Probably by train next time!

1 comment:

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Road trips are the best!! Looks like a fantastic weekend! (hope you feel better soon :) And you look lovely,as always! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...