Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hi....you?


Don’t you hate it when you are supposed to know someone’s name and you completely blank? Someone you should know their name. Someone you’ve known for 10 years but haven’t seen in a while. Well, I went to visit my old church last night and this happened not once, not twice, but several times. The conversations went something like this….
Unknown name person, “Hi Laura! Wow, I haven’t seen you in so long, how are you!?”
Me, “Oh hi…….(long awkward pause while I stare at them with my face contorted straining to remember who this familiar face is) ummm YOU! I’m great…..” still staring trying to figure their name out.
Phil, knowing I’ve forgot completely, “Hi, I’m Phil, what’s your name?”
Unknown name person, “I’m Julie.” Julie totally knows I forgot her name.
Me, jumping in like I know that, “Oh yea this is my husband Phil, sorry for not introducing you, where’s my brain today?”
Then we small talk and awkward side-hugs are exchanged. Then Phil and I were off, to talk to more people….. more people I know….. but don’t know….but should know. I think I need to start taking my Ginkgo Biloba.

1 comment:

Dani Parker said...

hahahahahaha nice, I love the awkward I forgot your name moments!!! I have plenty of B vitamins and Fish oil you can take!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...